Saturday, March 05, 2005

Yield to freedom

Seemingly endless is my return to what was. Rather than leaving the things that bring me down and distract me from anything worthwhile, I opt to run after these and keep them clutched in my hands. These weights are not necessary, yet I cannot help but grip them as if survival depended upon them. Realizing this, I continue to fight to keep my vision clear. Dwelling in a new land, realizing that I am seated in heavenly places, is too suddenly forgotten.

Destruction abounds when I knowingly wander the wrong way. Somehow it feels foreign to realize my acts of freedom, the inevitable desire to do whatever I please, are the very things that destroy all hope of freedom that I have. Ironically, if I yield myself to Christ, allow my will to vanish as I focus on His will, I find limitless freedom. Seeking to lay down all of me, I reach wholeheartedly after that which will please God. He asks me to set aside myself and offer it up to Him. Knowing I have nothing of value He would want or need and that all He asks is for all of me to be used as He pleases, I will fall prostrate before the Throne of Grace. Romans 7:24-25: O wretched man that I am! Who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God -- through Jesus Christ our Lord!

Into the arms of grace I fall, seeking to steal away and enjoy the pure freedom found only in surrendering all. Moments found here make living more than tolerable; they are actually a joy during the hardship as I know on the other side is eternal Hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home