Monday, February 14, 2005

Fix anything

Isaiah 58:10-12;: "A Full Life in the Emptiest of Places"
10If you are generous with the hungry
and start giving yourselves to the down--and-out,
Your lives will begin to glow in the darkness,
your shadowed lives will be bathed in sunlight.

11I will always show you where to go.
I'll give you a full life in the emptiest of places--
firm muscles, strong bones.
You'll be like a well-watered garden,
a gurgling spring that never runs dry.

12You'll use the old rubble of past lives to build anew,
rebuild the foundations from out of your past.
You'll be known as those who can fix anything,
restore old ruins, rebuild and renovate,
make the community livable again."
For so long I've felt dry and empty. I want to take it upon myself to save the world and fix everything. Yet, I am called to give myself away beyond the means I have, and at that breaking point the streams rush through. The life that often feels dark when I don't see results that I expect will shine brighter than the noontime sun... revealing that it is God in me and nothing of my own abilities. God will show me where to go... give me the ability to fix anything, and make life more bearable. He will do all this, and more... if I'd get my will out of the way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home