Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Fear

To Love, to Be Loved

Fear can dibilitate the best among us. Daily we are faced with the decision to succumb to the secret fears we all hide beneath our pretentious facade, or we can step out beyond the false limitations we've allowed to be imposed upon us.

I am captivated by the fearlessness of children. They will learn to walk, crawl, run, and get into all sorts of things because they are curious. Untainted by what others think of them, they will explore, reveal all emotion, and be completely fine with themselves. Children have no inhibitions and are not caught up in social drama. Understanding that parents are there to provide unconditional love, the thought of hiding emotions never exists. For this reason, I dream one day to have a few around.

Maturity is inevitable. We may not transition smoothly, but it is wise to remain as pure as a child in many ways. The fear that grips me revolves around not being good enough. I can panic if I allow myself to believe I am neglected and overlooked. My worth at these points is not found in the right places.

1 John 4:18There is no room in love for fear. Well-formed love banishes fear. Since fear is crippling, a fearful life--fear of death, fear of judgment--is one not yet fully formed in love.

Perfect love is from God alone. We cannot find complete satisfaction, and will continue to live a life of fear if we rely on any other means to overcome this fear. Continuing to live bound up, maintaining the identity we wish to project, and dwelling on whatever holds us back from freedom will only weary our souls further. However, focusing on who we really are, accepting this fact, and finding those to bear with us through this will be worthwhile. True, humans fail at some point. Due to my superhero mentality, I would love to ensure everyone has their fair share at being real, and living without crippling fears. Yet, I too am human and fail. God is the strength.

3 Comments:

At 12:49 PM , Blogger Cristina Araujo said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:52 AM , Blogger Jowen said...

Amen. God's love is ultimate, and can never live without it... 1st Corinthians 13.....

Take Care, Cheers, been inspired...

 
At 2:00 AM , Blogger Tollie Williams said...

Hi there. I followed the link from Digg to your Weather RSS post and saw the Verse of the Day. I just got in from the BCM so I didn't have much time to see if you had an email or IM link, or even find out how old you are, but I'm a Christian too and I'd enjoy talking to you I think.

Will you IM me at tolliewilliams? My website is tollie.org which has my email and etc.

In fact, maybe you have some thoughts on my WiredChristian.Net site (also on the website above).

Grace and Peace.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home