Monday, January 10, 2005

Relief

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; My [own] peace I now give and bequeath to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. [Stop allowing yourselves to be agitated and disturbed; and do not permit yourselves to be fearful and intimidated and cowardly and unsettled.] (Amplified Bible) Amplified Bible (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation

Been going through a pretty rough spot as far as stress goes. I have sooo much going on, feel a bit drained... especially when things don't seem to improve. However, God's been showing me how to rest in His peace. I don't have the ability or ambition on my own. When I reach my limits, and oh have I done that lately, I come back to the point of surrender. I let go of my control and turn it all over. This isn't ever easy for me. I fear how others will take me, I fear what will happen if I do or don't do certain things, and I want to control everything. Relenquishing this, I know will somehow provide a longer impact that I cannot accomplish on my own. The peace of God is unshakeable. I'm going to go rest in that until I drift to sleep.

and lurkers, I see you... I want a comment from someone that isn't me!

2 Comments:

At 7:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

all i want to say is that ur post helped a lot .
found it after a google search on my cell phone ,
I was feeling low , agitated ,
And it helped ,
I thought that i might leave a comment to let you know , even if it's after more than 3 years , God bless you

 
At 7:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

all i want to say is that ur post helped a lot .
found it after a google search on my cell phone ,
I was feeling low , agitated ,
And it helped ,
I thought that i might leave a comment to let you know , even if it's after more than 3 years , God bless you

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home