Saturday, October 30, 2004

Rough times

Romans 5:2-5 We exult in hope of the glory of God. 3 And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; 4 and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; 5 and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

Rejoice in tribulation? What in the world is that? God expects me to be happy when times are rough? Is this for real? Apparently so... but why? I find myself thinking that when the workload seems to steep, when I've got a schedule so tight that I have to plan time to sleep, and beyond all that - I dream about all that I need to do. During the midst of that, I know there are people I need to check in with - for my benefit or theirs... whatever the reason - I know there is a point to communicating with them. How in the world will this crazy time end?

Though hard times arise, it causes me to want to endure and overcome the insanity. How I handle circumstances when no one else is looking or is around reveals my character. Do I only do my work and accomplish something when others will notice, or is it a constant state of mind? I strive for it to be how I am daily. Beyond all this effort, I know on the other side of these trials and difficult times, God has a plan that will be fulfilled. God allows these trials to come my way because they will result in further hope. He also gaurentees that he will not bring more than I can handle... and that I will never be alone - or apart from Him during this.


Currently listening to: These Are the Days by Kids in the Way


The cold October air is blowing in my hair. And I'm losing everything I never thought I would. Where is that old playground. Where is that old sundown, when I would come home late an hour or two. These are the days when We will see all our yesterdays are memories. The tides will rise. The winds will turn. And We are drowning and growing from the burn. The red October leaves hold on to barren trees. And frailty is where We became so strong. Where is that old gun fight. Where is that old twilight, when fire flies were on the run.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home