Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Busy all the time

So it's close to that time again... what time is that you wonder... that time when suddenly EVERYTHING is due. I held out as long as possible on collection dates from students... but I'm also finding that no matter how differently I approach this each time... presentation week is the best yet most chaotic week of the marking period. By the time I make it home in attempts to grade papers and such, I'm spent.

Yearbooks were issued at school today. I opened up immediately to my first group of seniors to graduate. In the mix of everything else I found Travis & Nate. Hard to still look there in some ways, yet good in others.

I wonder what makes some students ready to start the adventure of planning for life after high school, and others just don't want to deal with it. I've seen some students go from downright denial that life awaits and that they need to do something to a sudden and complete turnabout wanting help planning. Days are definitely different from my first year of kids... they don't seem to want to remember that year... and in many ways nor do I.

Club time today was really great. The kids I'd rarely expect to join Know FEAR are those that actually have the most questions... now for focus... haha.

I agreed to be the assistant swim coach for the Big Spring Aquatic Club. Some are thrilled yet others are annoyed that I took their high school part time job. Ooops... in any event - I think it will be a good time. I'll be busy beyond belief, but in that orderly manageable way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home